The Milford Dental and Associates team in Highland, MI offers a full range of orthodontics for the whole family.
Benefits of orthodontics
- Teeth straightening can beautify your smile
- Properly aligned teeth are easier to clean, thereby reducing your risk of chipping or cracking
- Make oral hygiene easier and more effective, which decreases the chance of tartar buildup that leads to decay and gum disease
- Correcting jaw alignment can improve or prevent painful symptoms of TMJ disorder
Orthodontic services list
- Early orthodontic evaluation – The doctors of Milford Dental and Associates will examine teeth, gums, and oral structure to assess development. This helps you and your child know what to expect, and plan for future treatment if needed.
- Invisalign – Aligners are discreet, comfortable, and convenient. They are crystal clear, removable, and metal-free. Invisalign is appropriate for teens or adults.
- Classic braces – Despite the popularity of Invisalign, metal braces remain the most common orthodontic appliances. They are lighter, stronger, less bulky, and more comfortable than those of the past.
- Space maintainer – Premature loss of a primary (baby) tooth can negatively impact a child’s orthodontic development. To avoid this problem, Milford Dental and Associates may recommend a space maintainer, which serves the same function as the natural tooth would have.
Two-phase orthodontics for kids
When orthodontic problems are detected early, we can provide the most effective and efficient treatment with a two-part approach. The doctors of Milford Dental and Associates will determine optimal timing depending on your child’s rate of growth and development.
- Phase one helps guide development and prepares the jaw for corrective treatment. It may involve a partial brace, retainer, or expansion. This is done before primary teeth are lost, usually between six and ten years of age.
- Phase two begins after the secondary (adult) teeth have erupted. It typically involves wearing a full brace for 12 to 30 months.
Adults have many types of orthodontic treatment to choose from. Metal braces are more comfortable and less visible than most people expect. However, when appearance is important for social or professional reasons, Invisalign is probably the best choice.
- Invisalign – In today’s image conscious world, many adults and teens are uncomfortable with the idea of wearing metal braces. Invisalign offers a convenient and aesthetic alternative, with clear, removable aligners.
A straight smile is just a phone call away
If you or your child need orthodontic treatment, come visit Milford Dental and Associates for a personal consultation to explore your options. Just call (248) 845-4575 to schedule.