The best way to begin life is with a healthy smile. Here at Milford Dental Care, we strive to create a family atmosphere, where both adults and kids can feel right at home. It is normal for children to feel nervous at first, as dentistry is an unfamiliar experience. However, with coloring books, television, fresh baked cookies, and ultra-gentle treatment, kids quickly realize that visiting Dr. Seguin is nothing to dread.
Children’s dental services
Dr. Seguin usually begins seeing children around the age of five. A kid’s first dental visits include checkups, oral health and development assessment, cleaning, and other preventive care. We also offer a range of restorative and orthodontic treatments if needed.
Common treatments for kids include:
- Hygiene treatment – According to the American Academy of Pediatric Dentists (AAPD), children should have dental checkups twice a year. These appointments include oral health evaluation, x-rays or other diagnostics, and teeth cleaning.
- Infant Dental Wellness Visit – A child’s first dental visit should take place after the first tooth appears, but no later than his or her first birthday.
- Interceptive orthodontics – Excessive thumb sucking, premature tooth loss, and other factors can lead to jaw and tooth alignment problems later. Early orthodontic evaluation allows us to prevent many of these problems, or schedule treatment at the optimal time if needed.
- Sealants – This clear protective coating is applied to teeth, literally sealing out harmful bacteria.
- Fillings – We use CariVu technology for early, accurate cavity detection. Metal-free, tooth-colored fillings stop the decay and restore the tooth.
- Space maintainers – The first set of teeth may be temporary, but they serve important functions, including reserving space for adult teeth as the jaw develops. If your child loses a tooth too soon, a space maintainer may be needed.
- Fluoride – One of the best ways to prevent cavities is by keeping teeth strong and healthy. This simple and safe treatment fortifies enamel, helping to protect it and possibly reversing early decay.
Making kids dental care comfortable and fun
Our office is designed to be inviting and kid-friendly, and your family will always be greeted with a smile. We also offer nitrous oxide, better known as laughing gas, which is safe and effective for kids who need help relaxing.
Make your dental home at a place where the whole family is welcome and well cared for. Call (248) 845-4575 and schedule an appointment at Milford Dental Care.