Countless teens and adults, male and female, would like to have the confidence of straight, appealing smiles. Yet many would prefer to straighten teeth without braces. At Milford Dental and Associates in Highland, MI, the doctors offer a clearly attractive alternative. Invisalign clear aligners are changing smiles and lives from White Lake to Hartland, Milford, and Commerce Township.
Orthodontic treatment without the hardware
Conventional teeth straightening uses cemented brackets and bands connected by metal wires to apply constant pressure. As the periodontal ligament is squeezed on one side of a tooth, special cells called osteoclasts dissolve a tiny bit of bone. Simultaneously, osteoblasts build new bone mass on the opposite side, to allow the tooth to assume a straighter position.
Invisalign accomplishes the same thing, using removable plastic teeth aligners instead of hardware. Invisalign teeth aligners are precision designed by a robust computer software system, based on digital impressions of your mouth. You see, virtually – on a computer monitor, how your smile will be transformed, before committing to treatment.
Then, a series of aligners is made using advanced 3D printing technology. You wear each set for a couple of weeks before switching up to the next pair. The doctors of Milford Dental and Associates see you about every six weeks for brief appointments to monitor your progress.
Highland, MI patients enjoy these benefits of Invisalign
- Discreet – Aligners are transparent. Other people probably will not even notice them, and most patients quickly adapt to speaking naturally with aligners inserted.
- Comfort – Aligners are made of smooth plastic. There are no sharp parts to irritate delicate oral tissues, and no wire tightening.
- No dietary restrictions – Simply take aligners out of your mouth before eating.
- Normal hygiene – Remove aligners to brush teeth and floss as usual. The appliances are easy to clean, too.
- Efficient – Each case is unique. However, with good compliance – wearing aligners a minimum of 20 hours each day – a typical treatment plan is completed in about a year.
- Versatile – When Invisalign initially received FDA approval in 1998, it was used primarily for cosmetic straightening. However, the technology has continued to evolve. Today there are Invisalign solutions for many complex alignment issues and bite problems.
Invisalign at Milford Dental Care explained by Dr. Jill Seguin
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a great product. Invisalign can be used instead of metal brackets that are put on your teeth.
We can put like tooth-colored fillings on your teeth to move and position them to get you a smile you are happy with.
What is the benefit of going for Invisalign over regular braces?
With Invisalign, we take an impression of your teeth. We can send that to Invisalign, and they can show how your teeth are going to look after wearing it.
With regular braces, you won’t know how it will look like after braces. But with Invisalign, you can see the before and after, which is a great help.
How does Invisalign straighten teeth?
Invisalign uses tooth-colored fillings on some teeth, and some might not need it. You should change Invisalign trays over every 7-10 days.
Then within a short period, the clear aligners can move your teeth into positions that give you a smile you want.
Let’s get started on your straight smile. Call (248) 845-4575 to schedule an Invisalign consultation with a doctor at Milford Dental and Associates in Highland, MI.